We receive many requests from people wishing to just have a look at Flores de Vida. You will easily understand that it is simply not possible to answer all the requests. Visiting the place takes time and needs our availability. Also receiving new people, even full of goodwill and desire to lend a hand, request availability. There are a lot of details to know for the daily live (the organization of the place and the food, the tasks to be accomplished, where to find the tools, etc.) and it takes some time to have its bearings and be autonomous. And I don’t always have time for that. This will be different when we will be several permanents.
NB: If you have already been at Flores de Vida you can come outside the organized activities. However making sure that it is possible to welcome you at a certain time.
We present the following possibilities to discover Flores de Vida, if you have never been here before. Use the contact form to organize a visit that is not listed on the agenda.
NB: Whatever the option, note that Flores de Vida remains a raw-vegan place (no animal products and no cooked food), without alcohol, tobacco or various drugs. And that dogs and cats are not allowed. (See: Life in Flores de Vida.)
- Participate in an organized event
- Self-managed grape cure
- Rent a yurt or a caravan for a week
- Overnight stay
- The guided tour
- The Fiesta Cruda
Participate in an organized event
Have a look at the Agenda for knowing the dates. There are:
* Activity session of two weeks. They are free (just €10 for our association’s membership). This option is perfect for you if you have the time and the urge to actively participate in the evolution of Flores de Vida and live the magic of the group. * Internship or workshop. The price depends on what is proposed. * The Fiesta Cruda, the big party at Flores de Vida.
Self-managed grape cure
At certain times, when we have grapes (and figs) in abundance, it is possible to come and do a cure in self-management. You should be autonomous in transportation and housing: * Transport (no need to pick you up in Maella) * Accommodation (you come with your tent, camper or similar housing) This is €70 for 3 days, then €10 for each day extra. If you wish to rent a caravan or a yurt, see the following section. See grape cure/figs for more details.
Rent a yurt or a caravan for one week
The week consists of 6 consecutive nights. It does not include food.
* The week in yurt (for 2-4 people): €120/person/week (+ €50/week for heating in cold period)
* The week in caravan (for 1 to 3 people): €120/person/week
NB: with fruits and vegetables in addition (raw and unprepared): €10/person/day (same for the grape cure/fig, if the period is favourable).
If you travel in the area and you just want to make a stop and see where is Flores de Vida, you can come and ask for staying one night or two: €10 per person and night. This is only valid if you are totally autonomous in: * Transport (no need to pick you up in Maella) * Accommodation (you come with your tent, camper or similar housing) * Food (you have all the food you need and do not need anything else) Of course you have access to the toilets (dry toilets) and shower. Note though, that the visit of the place is not included in this possibility and that there will not necessarily be someone available to tell you the why and how of Flores de Vida.
The guided tour
It takes from 3 to 4 hours and the price is :
* €90 for a group of less than 8 persons.
* €12/person for a group of at least 8 persons.
You can come with friends and share with them the cost of the visit. The visit includes the technical aspects of construction and installation.
* Workshop and dry toilets made out of pallets/clay/straw
* Half-buried greenhouse
* Casita of clay and straw (walls) + management of winter/summer sunshine
* Half-buried cellar for the conservation of fruits and vegetables
* Construction made out of clay/straws/wood
* Permaculture & soil regeneration (+ direct sowing, mulch).
You can already learn about some of these topics on the French blog Global Ecology.
The Fiesta Cruda
The yearly on-site celebration to get to know the place, the way of life, the project and the actors and to exchange ideas. Three days organized together to celebrate life, with music, workshops, activities and fresh, ripe, pure and raw fruits.
Whatever might be the option, note that Flores de Vida remains a vegan place (no animal products), no alcohol, tobacco or other drugs. Dogs and cats are not allowed. See:Life in Flores de Vida to learn more.
Use the contact form to organize a visit that is not listed on the agenda.